Re: grub install questions (devfs problem)

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 08:13:08PM +0300, Alexey Chetroi wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 05:09:45PM -0100, andrej hocevar wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 04:46:40PM +0300, Alexey Chetroi wrote:
> > > /dev/sda5 does not have any corresponding BIOS drive.
> >
> > Have you checked your device.map file in GRUB's directory?
>  I have a device.map file in /boot/grub
> it contains (fd0) and (hd0) lines.
> What else should I add there?

  Or, you could install grub 'natively'. The instructions are in the
  grub documentation. You basically create a grub floppy, reboot with
  the floppy, then run the following commands:

  root (hd0,0)
  setup (hd0)

  Mind you, you need to check that you have the correct disk, I'm not
  sure what hard disk number your scsi drive will be.

  Also, _before_ you do this, you need to setup your menu.lst in the
  /boot/grub directory, so that when you boot of your new grub install
  grub can actually find this menu file.

  Geoff