grub install questions (devfs problem)

Hello

I have a little problem installing grun on my box, running
woody distribution. It is using devfs, so when I'm trying
to install it on /dev/sda (which is actually symlink) it comlains:

lexa:/boot/grub# grub-install --recheck /dev/sda
Probing devices to guess BIOS drives. This may take a long time.
/dev/sda does not have any corresponding BIOS drive.
lexa:/boot/grub#

If instead of /dev/sda indicate actual device, then grub cannot
find my root partition (/dev/sda5):

lexa:/boot/grub# grub-install --recheck /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1
Probing devices to guess BIOS drives. This may take a long time.
/dev/sda5 does not have any corresponding BIOS drive.
lexa:/boot/grub#

Is this solvable? I'd really like to test grub functionality.

--

  Best regards,
  Alexey Chetroi

---
Smile... Tomorrow will be worse.   (c) Murphy's law