Re: how to run a command at startup

In response:

--- Christoph Hoenscheid <hoeni@ureach.com> wrote:
> Hello Debian Users!!
>
> Please be so kind and help me with my debian 3.0r0
> installation. Just tell me what must I do to have
> the
> command "/sbin/route del default" run immediately
> after the
> system has booted. There is no "rc.local" avaialble
> and also
> no "/etc/sysconfig/network" like in Redheat. The
> default
> gateway is always set to sl0 when the sytem boots,
> but I never
> need sl0. I need ppp0 to be set as the default
> gateway when a
> connection is established, but this only happens if
> there is no
> default gateway set. In "/etc/network/interfaces"
> the sl0
> device does not appear. The command "/sbin/route del
> default"
> resolves the problem very well, but I don't how to
> have it
> executed automatically and I don't know how to write
> a debian
> rc-script. Is there no configuration file where I
> can simply
> insert this command?
>
> Thank You in advance!
>

> Christoph

I'm still on Potato, but I suspect it is similar.
Potato also doesn't use rc.local as my old Redhat did.
 However, there is an /etc/rcS.d directory in Potato
with init files that are ran just prior to being
prompted.  I use the S55bootmisc.sh file for my last
minute boot up commands, seems to work fine.