how to run a command at startup

Hello Debian Users!!

Please be so kind and help me with my debian 3.0r0
installation. Just tell me what must I do to have the
command "/sbin/route del default" run immediately after the
system has booted. There is no "rc.local" avaialble and also
no "/etc/sysconfig/network" like in Redheat. The default
gateway is always set to sl0 when the sytem boots, but I never
need sl0. I need ppp0 to be set as the default gateway when a
connection is established, but this only happens if there is no
default gateway set. In "/etc/network/interfaces" the sl0
device does not appear. The command "/sbin/route del default"
resolves the problem very well, but I don't how to have it
executed automatically and I don't know how to write a debian
rc-script. Is there no configuration file where I can simply
insert this command?

Thank You in advance!

Christoph

Get your own "800" number