Re: Console mode

Kent West wrote:

> Look in /etc/init.d for a script named something like SVGATextMode or
> something similar. If you see something like that, rename it (or disable
> it in one of several other methods) and reboot and see what happens.

Nothing resembling "vga" in init.d. I also diffed init.d against my
old one. Nothing obvious turned up. Also tried rdev. Old vidmode was
65535, changed it to 0, didn't help. I was using the wrong syntax
for single-user mode, I'll try again next time I boot from that

I think I should have mentioned before now that there's a little
picture of Tux holding a mug of beer that shows up at the top of the
screen. That seems to be when the mode changes. I think I have to
find the program that puts Tux there, it's probably the culprit.
Anyone know what program that is? It starts out normal, then goes
kind of psychedelic.

Tom Zych
This email address will expire at some point to thwart spammers.
Permanent address is at http://pobox.com/~tz/email.html