Console mode

Hi all,

I've just installed woody from CD. My old installation started as
potato, then upgraded to woody / sarge. In console mode, it gives me
a 24-row screen which scrolls quickly.

The new install, OTOH, gives me a 30-row screen which scrolls
slowly. (Not *much* slower, but enough to be annoying.) It appears
to be using some kind of graphical mode instead of the ordinary text
mode that we all know from the days of MS-DOS.

How do I persuade it to switch back to that mode?

TIA,
--
Tom Zych
This email address will expire at some point to thwart spammers.