Re: Debian and Security Updates

Hello list!

Eventually I have taken the time to setup my box to automatically
download security fixes. The "problem" in my setup is that I have
unofficial deb sources for some programs (OpenOffice.org and wine) and
I don't want them to be upgraded automatically.

Here's a tip for users that follow stable but also have other deb
sources.

1. install cron-apt, and configure cron-apt to actually
upgrade rather than just download debs.

2. make two versions of sources.list, "sources_full.list" including the unofficial deb
sources, "sources_security.list" with only security.debian.org...

3. write a cron script like:

cp /etc/apt/sources_security.list /etc/apt/sources.list
cronapt
cp /etc/apt/sources_full.list /etc/apt/sources.list

--
Note that I use Debian version 3.0
Linux emac140 2.4.17 #1 sön feb 10 20:21:22 CET 2002 i686 unknown

Hans Ekbrand