Re: Security update fail

Sebastien Desse said:
> Hi,

> subprocess post-installation script killed by signal (Floating point
> exception)

what kind of CPU? is it a 386/486 without a FPU? or maybe its
a cyrix or some other cpu with a bad or non existant FPU ?
(Floating point unit). or perhaps the CPU is overheating, or
the CPU is going bad. in any case I would think this is a hardware
issue.

I am not sure if the default kernel has FPU emulation turned on
in the kernel, or maybe your kernel has it turned on when it
should not be(in kernel 2.2 the variable is CONFIG_MATH_EMULATION).

if your cpu lacks a FPU or has a real buggy one you may want
to build a kernel(probably have to do it on another machine or
have someone do it for you) that has that option turned on.

if you compiled your own kernel and turned that option on,
you may need it off(one guy I know had crashes with it turned
on, I've never had a machine where it was on).

good luck

nate