Re: No "unsubscribe" line

* David Jardine (david@jardine.de) [020809 11:37]:
> On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 09:23:38AM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
>
> > When your mailer displays the message to you it displays the parts to
> > you.  In a multipart message the mutt program displays the parts and
> > does not display anything outside the parts.  It just forgets that
> > they are there.
>
> But it doesn't forget that they're there when there's no pgp
> signature.

As Bob pointed out, the footer is tacked on after everything else in the
message, with no knowledge of MIME.  This means (thankfully) it doesn't
look for a text/plain attachment and append it there, it appears after
the closing MIME boundary.  I'd guess (but haven't yet confirmed) that
the footer would also not be displayed on multipart/alternative messages
with text and html attachments.  My point is that it has nothing to do
with whether or not the message is signed, but more precisely, whether
it's a multipart MIME message.

good times,
Vineet
--