Re: Conversion of the root fs to LVM on woody

Yes, I also have these modprobe warning message when I use my customized
kernel instead of 2.4.18-bf2.4. This is due to the lvm trying to scan all
possible storage devices. It's reasonable safe to ignore these messages
if you don't have these kinds of devices.

Another way is to put "alias block-major-114 off" in /etc/modules.conf.
The debian's way is to edit /etc/modutils/alias and run update-modules.

Good luck,

Qian