How to use "dpkg -i" properly? (How to find missing packages?)

Hello:

First, apology for my poor english. I have post this before,
which unfortunately was misunderstood (or perhaps I misunderstood
the answers?).

At home, I have got a computer with no good net access. Also, I
have got two woody CDROMs. With a quick and dirty way, I have
copied those whole CDROMs into /usr/local/CDn so they can be
accessed by using the standard apt way.

Unfortunately, sometimes it will miss some packages; which I
will copy manually into disketts at office. Then, I will run
"dpkg -i" to install them.

Currently, I am in trouble because I miss "zendapi_20020429".
I have already tried all tricks I know; including reading
the Debian FAQ. Unfortunately I could not find that package.

Problems:
- Currently, all packages -- that are installed manually; will be
  marked as "obsolete". Is there anyway to change that mark?
- Is it possible to put all my .debs into /usr/local/deb ;
  and accessed by the apt tool? May I know how to create
  the "Packages" list file? The Debian FAQ refers to the
  New Maintainer Guide; unfortunately; I could not find the
  command to create the "Packages" file for a directory.
- Last, (and apology), may I know how to find "zendapi_20020429"?

thank you,

--
Abdul Latip -- Angkasa Internet Junior Staff -- ANGIN.com
http://people.WebIndonesia.com/dullatip/ ----------------