libncurses4 in stable (woody)?

Hi all;

Just reloaded Woody from CD (cheapbytes!) on a new system (my PC got
refreshed so I had no choice).

I have some old apps which use libncurses.so.4 which are failing, and I
can't find any libncurses4 package in Woody... where'd it go?  There are
a number of older apps which still use it, and I don't see any serious
bugs against it--was it omitted on purpose (why?) or was this just an
oversight?

Anyway, what's the best way forward; I guess I should download the
package I see is in testing now?  Or would using the old potato .deb be
a better bet?

 Paul D. Smith <pausmith@nortelnetworks.com> HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools