Re: Java/Mozilla - serious failure

> >I'm running sid with mozilla 1.0.0-3 and j2re1.3 apt-getted from the
> >ftp.tux.org blackdown mirror. They were both working fine for a few weeks
> >until the other day when web browsing a site with java, mozilla suddenly
> >quit. Now every time I try to access a sit which has Java, I have
> > problems. Mozilla usually quits immediately. Please could anyone suggsest
> > how to find out whats wrong?
> >
> >Thanks, Ben Thompson.
>
> I had some problems with Java/Moz the other day; finally gave up.
> However, during the process, I had moz crash on me quite a bit. Each
> time  I had to restore prefs.js from a backup that I had in order to get
> Moz to start up again. If you don't have a backup of that file, or
> that's not a solution for you, you can move your current .mozilla
> directory out of the way (rename it), and then Moz should start clean;
> you can then copy over your mail files and bookmarks and address books,
> etc, and reset some of your preferences.

I tried deleting my .mozilla directory but it didn't fix the problem. The
first website I visited with java caused mozilla to quit immediately. It's
just about instant too, so you have no time to try and find out the problem.
I have had to go back to using netscape 4.77 as my main web browser. This is
a shame, cos I was really getting to like mozilla.