Re: doused [FLAME] using editors = muscle memory [WAS: Re: Full-screen editor in /bin]

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 23:38:58 -0700 ben <benfoley@rcn.com> wrote:

> how new is your current version of nedit? i liked how it looked up to
> about nine months ago, when it seemed to become weirdly crash
> susceptible. my disillusionment had such a hold that i didn't even
> consider a bug report. i actually expected it to die, of it's own
> accord, and be dead, by now. does it really never disappoint?

Do you happen to recall what version you were using at the time?  I've
been using Nedit since I found out about it, and am currently using v5.2
from sarge.  I've been looking for a similiar console editor, but so far
have been turned off by the perceived hoops necessary for either emacs or
vi.  Like others, every so often I look at them again, but never seem to
be able to make the transition.  I'm sure there's something to each of
them that I'm just not getting.  So, for now, it's Nedit for me.

--
Jamin W. Collins