doused [FLAME] using editors = muscle memory [WAS: Re: Full-screen editor in /bin]

On Tuesday 30 July 2002 09:11 pm, Chris Kenrick wrote:
[snip]

> Well, OK, intuitive is partly a function of "it's like something I've
> used before", be that muscle memory or a menu system.  As for an emacs
> versus vi flame war, I virtually implied that emacs is more featureful
> than vi, even though I'm a vi(m) fan.  Plus I mentioned an alternative
> (nedit) in the bit you snipped.

how new is your current version of nedit? i liked how it looked up to about
nine months ago, when it seemed to become weirdly crash susceptible. my
disillusionment had such a hold that i didn't even consider a bug report. i
actually expected it to die, of it's own accord, and be dead, by now. does it
really never disappoint?

ben