Re: apt-cdrom and loopback .iso files

Suraj Kumar wrote:
> gk> packages off these CDs, rather than mounting each one twice until I find
> gk> the right package, copying it over, and running dpkg manually.  Can
> gk> anyone suggest a small script, workaround or config-file option that I
> gk> could use to access the files via loopback?
>
> if you have enough diskspace, just copy all the ISO images to your disk.

No, I think I mentione dthat HD space was one of the reasons I couldn't
burn them myself.  I have 2Gb in total, including a Windows partition,
and if I back up my /home/ directory elsewhere, then I have about 700Mb
of space - just enough for burning 1 cd at a time.

> 2. Edit your sources.list to read:
>
> deb file:/debian-disks/1/debian main <sections that you want>
> deb file:/debian-disks/2/debian main <sections that you want>
> deb file:/debian-disks/XX/debian main <sections that you want>

I'll have a further look at what I can do with sources.list, but it
still looks like I'll have to find a way to run a script when I want to
change CD.

Glyn

--
Weather's foul, glad you're not here.