apt-cdrom and loopback .iso files

Never assume that someone knows what a .iso file is just because they
own a CD writer.

I recently gave a friend 7 CDRs to burn me a copy of woody, as she has
better bandwidth, more hard-drive space for the .iso's, and a faster CD
burner than me.  I know now that I should have done it myself, because
my friend has used some drag-n-drop windoze CD creating software and the
results are double-escaped .iso's - that is, each CD contains one file -
the relevant .iso .  Fortunately I have loopback compiled into my
kernel, so I can still mount the CDs and then remount the .iso to access
the files.

My problem is that I want to use apt-cdrom and apt-get to install
packages off these CDs, rather than mounting each one twice until I find
the right package, copying it over, and running dpkg manually.  Can
anyone suggest a small script, workaround or config-file option that I
could use to access the files via loopback?

Glyn

--
Weather's foul, glad you're not here.