Re: Desktop sessions dying with time

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 02:21:25PM -0700, ben wrote:

> there's a crash bug in gdm [82576@bugs.debian.org] that is apparently fixed
> in the 2.2.2 version. maybe that's what's happening.

Well...

mjinks@granny:~$ dpkg -l gdm
ii  gdm            2.2.5.5-2      GNOME Display Manager

At any rate my initial question has certainly been answered; there does
not seem to be some inadvertent misconfiguration on my part that caused
idle timeouts to be turned on for this machine, and we are into
bug-hunting territory.  I think I can take it from here on my own.

Now where did I stash that croquet mallet...

--
# Michael Jinks, IB # JFI/MRSEC/EFI Computing # University of Chicago #
      Reader!  Think not that