Re: the older debian user; Debian Senior

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 05:22:55PM -0400, Bob Hilliard wrote:
> Dan Jacobson <jidanni@dman.ddts.net> writes:
>
> > Getting older, the main things I notice are:
> > Fear of learning new things.
> > Fear of complexity.
>
>      To overcome these fears, I switched from DOS to Debian at age 70,
> and began learning bash scripting; became a Debian developer at age 71
> and began studying C programming.

Go get 'em!

> > Are they serious about that <small> font on their webpage.
>
>      I met this problem by getting a 21" monitor.

You can also deal with this (web pages only, of course) by
setting your Mozilla preferences correctly.

Choose a VERY BAD web page, then go in and set your font preferences
to the size of fonts you are comfortable reading.

Be sure to override the document font preferences, of course . . .

<rant>
HTML used to be philosophically clean, re: its basis as an SGML
DTD.

Now, it sucks!  I remember the days when you could control just
about every aspect of presentation . . . sigh.
</rant>

John S.