Re: Problem with Junkbuster

Yuhanes Tjandra wrote:

> Trying to use junkbuster, I stucked with the configuration. I have
> started the program at startup, and
> put necessary values to the browser - localhost:5865.
> it simply doesn't work. Is there anything that need to be tweaked?

Are you sure junkbuster is running? "ps -ef | grep [j]unkbuster" should
show it.

If it's running, are you sure it's listening on part 5865? Check the
"listen-address" option in /etc/junkbuster/config. Also, as root, run
"netstat -anp --tcp | grep junkbuster" to verify that it really is
listening on that port.

If you're using "localhost:5865" as your proxy address, then I assume
your browser is running on the same machine as junkbuster. Is
"localhost" defined in /etc/hosts? Try using "127.0.0.1:5865" instead,
and see if that works better.

If you also want to use junkbuster from other machines, then you'll have
to make sure your system is set up to accept connections from the other
machines. Check the "aclfile" option in /etc/junkbuster/config, and if
it's not commented out, check the file that it references (usually
/etc/junkbuster/acl) to verify that it is allowing all your machines.
Also check /etc/hosts.allow, /etc/hosts.deny, and any firewall
configuration you may have (ipchains, iptables, or whatever).

Craig