Re: netscape6 available for woody or testing?

* Walter Tautz (wtautz@math.uwaterloo.ca) [020730 13:36]:
>  just curious if it exists. I'm not referring to the mozilla package

Most people will tell you "Why? Use Mozilla." I'm one of those people.

>  although they must be closely related? I seem to recall people

Yep. This might help clear things up for you a bit:

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/network/2000/08/18/magazine/moz_aint_netscape.html

>  runing it a while back. Does one have download from netscape.com?

That would be my best guess. What I remember hearing is that the
netscape crew forked off from the mozilla source code and "screwed up a
bunch of things" and release it as netscape6. Sorry I can't get more
specific than that, but mozilla is Free and it Works For Me, so I never
saw any reason to try netscape6 (also since I never heard a review
saying it did anything better than mozilla does).

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/