RE: Compaq smart array 5i

> > Has anyone been able to install woody on compaq servers with the smart
> > array 5i controller.
> >
> > The compact install disks have a compaq array module which doesn't work
> > with the 5i version raid controller
>
> Try the bf2.4 woody install disks.

I just tried to install Woody on a Proliant with the 5i controller.  As
expected, it didn't work.  Thanks for posting the information about the
bf2.4 floppies.

It worked perfectly!  I now have Woody running on a DL380.

Thanks again.

Steve

PS - What does the "bf" signify?  Boot Floppy?

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content
by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean. (v3.22-7)