Newbie Question- debian & secuirty cameras

I am a new to Debian ( just installed 3.0 on my toshiba laptop last night - sweet success)
Forgive my questions if they are off topic.
My Brother has a gas station/store with security cameras. He would like me to set it up so he can view video from store from a pc at home.
I have some ideas though I would appreciate any advice, ideas & tips. I do have an ulterior motive- By setting this up on a Linux Box and
showing him what we can do with Linux I hope to convert him to Linux from the M$ OS.
Thanks ahead of time
Suleyman