Re: virii

on Sun, 28 Jul 2002 04:50:36AM +0000, Thatcher Ulrich insinuated:
> * Richard Cobbe <cobbe@airmail.net>:
> >
> >  So, we've got a complicated, ill-designed language, implemented
> >  by folks who are more swayed by hype than by solid technical and
> >  logical reasoning. Sounds like a winner to me!  (<sound of
> >  Richard retching in the corner>)
>
> And yet, Perl is wildly successful.  Maybe Perl's design choices
> aren't so misguided?

woah, linguistic completeness != success of a programming language!
in fact, the opposite case could perhaps be argued better than the
positive.  personally, i love perl, i just don't think what Wall
alleges about its parallels to natural language mean much.

</nori>

--
    .~.      nori @ sccs.swarthmore.edu
    /V\  http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/~nori/jnl/daily.html