[LONG] Some inquiries/comparisons between Ximian GNOME's Nautilus and Woody's, GNOME-related questions, lprng and magicfilter

Upon upgrading my distribution to Woody from Potato some days ago, I
noticed some apparent things, small details I think:

*Ximian GNOME's Nautilus can open natively HTML files... even when I
installed galeon-nautilus, when I clicked on an HTML file, it shows the
raw HTML code. of course a work-around can be settled by modifying the
default HTML viewer in the control panel, which opens a separate browser
instead of viewing the HTML code natively in Nautilus.
*When I copy text in an HTML page from Mozilla or Galeon unto
OpenOffice.org, I noticed also that 1) I can't copy large chunks of text
from Mozilla to OpenOffice.org and 2) It pastes raw HTML code unto OO.o.
Back when I was using Potato with Ximian GNOME, problems 1 and 2 didn't
occur. Problem number 2 can be worked around by using the "paste
special" option in OO.o, but as I've mentioned earlier, this wasn't the
default behavior in Ximian GNOME.
*when I boot the machine, lprng doesn't work outright. I still needed to
stop the daemon, kill the pid's associated with it, then restart lprng.
A minor inconvenience, actually.
*I have an HP Deskjet 670C printer, and I use magicfilter for the
printer filters. Back in Potato the dj690c-* filters work well... but
now it doesn't, even the dj670c-* doesn't work too. The deskjet filter
works well, but it can only print b/w. Anyway, I installed magicfilter
from Potato and the problem seems to have gone away...

I'm already contemplating reinstalling Potato with Ximian GNOME and some
backports to another box... I'm particularly not adamant with them...
it's just that I've got some people here accustomed to Ximian GNOME's
default behavior and they immediately noticed the changes. I'm really
comfortable despite the changes (as I don't use GNOME myself), just some
people here who aren't techies just don't like them (as I serve them all
via XDMCP on a LAN not connected to the internet, with only the server
box having intermitent internet access).

Are there any work-arounds for the following issues?

And, will the following lines in /etc/apt/sources.list still work
(should I bother installing a Potato box with Ximian GNOME)

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian potato main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US potato/non-US main contrib
non-free
deb http://security.debian.org potato/updates main contrib non-free

Don't get me wrong... I like Woody better now that it's in stable (no
need to backport as Woody's apt supports pinning and mixed
distributions). I'm not putting down the people who did all the work
(while I just freely downloaded and used their software... so I really
got no right to rant :) Ximian did a good job too by smoothening the
looks of their version of GNOME (though I encountered some minor
inconveniences when I did the update back then... which is totally my
job as a sysadmin to settle without creating massive downtime and angry
howls from my clients :)

Anyway, more power to Debian! You guys are totally awesome!

And I really hope Ximian releases its version of Ximian GNOME soon... if
they'll default to GNOME 2.0 that might be great :)
--

Paolo Alexis Falcone
pfalcone@free.net.ph