Re: gnome-terminal -> kept back

#1) If you're not upgrading to a new distribution (like going from
potato->woody, from woody to sarge, or sarge to sid), you most likely do
not want to use dist-upgrade. dist-upgrade uses some prioritizing logic
which could actually result in packages being removed from your system
in favor of upgrading packages that are marked as more important.

Use regular "upgrade" instead.

#2) 'apt-get install gnome-terminal' (to attempt an upgrade of
gnome-terminal) may tell you more information about precisely what
happened.

--
Jeremy Nickurak -= Email/Jabber: atrus@rifetech.com =-
"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he