Re: Gnome login/logout/reboot/shutdown problem

* Stephen Gran (gashuffer09@comcast.net) [020725 12:31]:
> This one time, at band camp, Vineet Kumar said:
> > * Johan Ehnberg (johan@ehnberg.net) [020725 07:25]:
> > > I'd like to use automatic login to gnome, but doing that puts me in a
> > > dead circle as I cannot reboot or shutdown from gnome. Logging out
> > > automatically logs me in again. How can I make the reboot and shutdown
> > > buttons appear in my logout options?
> > > According to gnome help, I need rights to execute /sbin/shutdown, and I
> > > have. At least I can reboot, poweroff and shutdown in a terminal.
> >
> > What I've set up at my home is to just create a pam config for gdm that
> > allows login without a password instead of auto-login. I just added this
> > line:
> >
> > auth	sufficient	pam_listfile.so \
> > 	file=/etc/gdmusers sense=allow onerr=fail item=user
> >

> Did you add this to /etc/pam.d/gdm2 ?  I tried that and it hasn't worked
> for me yet.  'Course, it may be that gdm2 just isn't working quite right
> yet, but everything else seems to be fine with it.

I''ve got:

ii  gdm            2.2.5.5-2      GNOME Display Manager

Haven't tried gdm2. I don't know where that would put its pam config,
but my guess would be /etc/pam.d/gdm2, or maybe /etc/pam.d/gdm if it
Conflicts: gdm.

good times,
Vineet
--