OT: anonymous cvs read-only access with ssh

Hi All,

I was wondering the above was possible. The only way I could find was to
use commitinfo but then how would I check the user trying to commit -
$USER?

Do any of you do this just now and if so how ?

The problem I am facing is of course that cvs required write access for
creating the readlocks. Would specifing a different lock folder in /tmp
be enough to provide anon users with read access ?

I know that I can do this using pserver but I would rather not open the
port for that.

Regards and apologies for the OT post (I looked for a cvs-users mailing
list but couldn't find one.) Thanks for your time.

Shri