Re: Gnome login/logout/reboot/shutdown problem

* Johan Ehnberg (johan@ehnberg.net) [020725 07:25]:
> I'd like to use automatic login to gnome, but doing that puts me in a
> dead circle as I cannot reboot or shutdown from gnome. Logging out
> automatically logs me in again. How can I make the reboot and shutdown
> buttons appear in my logout options?
> According to gnome help, I need rights to execute /sbin/shutdown, and I
> have. At least I can reboot, poweroff and shutdown in a terminal.

What I've set up at my home is to just create a pam config for gdm that
allows login without a password instead of auto-login. I just added this
line:

auth	sufficient	pam_listfile.so \
	file=/etc/gdmusers sense=allow onerr=fail item=user

and created /etc/gdmusers with the account names of the users I'd like
to be able to log in to gdm with no password. Combined with the face
browser it makes for a fast 2-click login, and still allows logging out.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/