Re: Gnome login/logout/reboot/shutdown problem

This one time, at band camp, Vineet Kumar said:
> * Johan Ehnberg (johan@ehnberg.net) [020725 07:25]:
> > I'd like to use automatic login to gnome, but doing that puts me in a
> > dead circle as I cannot reboot or shutdown from gnome. Logging out
> > automatically logs me in again. How can I make the reboot and shutdown
> > buttons appear in my logout options?
> > According to gnome help, I need rights to execute /sbin/shutdown, and I
> > have. At least I can reboot, poweroff and shutdown in a terminal.
>
> What I've set up at my home is to just create a pam config for gdm that
> allows login without a password instead of auto-login. I just added this
> line:
>
> auth	sufficient	pam_listfile.so \
> 	file=/etc/gdmusers sense=allow onerr=fail item=user

Did you add this to /etc/pam.d/gdm2 ?  I tried that and it hasn't worked
for me yet.  'Course, it may be that gdm2 just isn't working quite right
yet, but everything else seems to be fine with it.
TIA,
Steve
--
Put your Nose to the Grindstone!
		-- Amalgamated Plastic Surgeons and Toolmakers, Ltd.