Re: woody and asus A7A266 + DDR

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 06:44:50PM -0300, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> I am running woody + kernel 2.4.18 + ASUS A7A266 + Atlhon 1400 + 256
> DDR RAM. The FAQ in the AMD site reports system hangs with the
> combination A7M266 motherboard and DDR RAM. Because I am having
> aleatory system hangs too, I want to eliminate possible causes, and
> decided to ask for the behaviour of the A7A266...
> After your answer I'll continue looking for other source of the problem.

I haven't experienced any unusual behaviour, except with some versions
of the Nvidia drivers, which have caused a few system lockups with my
GeForce 2 MX 400. This is quite rare, however, and with the latest
drivers I haven't experienced a single lockup, playing Baldur's Gate
II through WineX, RTCW, Unreal Tournament and Tux Racer. :)

--
Daniel Rees - dan@danielrees.me.uk - http://www.danielrees.me.uk
PGP: 0x227BB64B - send e-mail in privacy with GnuPG at http://gnupg.org