Re: Bizarre X problem

On Sun, 21 Jul 2002, Kevin B. McCarty wrote:

> Today I logged onto my Debian/unstable workstation and started X to
> discover a bizarre problem.  Somehow the X server thinks all mouse events
> are about 32 pixels to the left of where they actually occur.  That is,
> for example, if I click on the left edge of a window, it does not receive
> the event, but if I click several pixels past the right edge of a window,
> it does.

Replying to myself -- here is an update.  The problem wasn't solved either
by restarting X or by logging off then back on.  However, rebooting the
computer (as a last resort) DID work.  Odd.  And then just a few minutes
ago the problem happened again.  I think this may have something to do
with Mozilla, since I was actively using it at both times this behavior
started.

--
Kevin McCarty                Physics Department
kmccarty@princeton.edu       Princeton University