Re: Server won't boot

Hi,
You may want to try installing one of the pre-compiled kernels
via apt-get. (Just to get any 2.4 kernel going, you can tweak it later)
I run
#apt-get install kernel-image

... this will give you a list of kernel images available.
Pick the one for your hardware and then install the package.
For ex.

#apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.18-686

I'm no pro at tweaking kernels and usually just use the
deb packaged ones. They work for me.

hth,
Cheers,
Mike