Server won't boot

I recently upgraded to woody with its release.  I decided to move to the 2.4 kernel.
I have compiled kernels many of times before.  When I compile this one the server
will not boot.  From the lilo screen I select the new image and it says:

And that is it.  After that it promptly resets and goes through the BIOS and
then prompts me for which image to boot again.  So of course I choose my backup
2.2 and that works fine.  I have tried to recompile several times (once even
erasing my .config file and accepting the defaults plus what I normally added
in 2.2).  Each attempt renders the same results.

Can someone perhaps provide a little insight as to what MIGHT be the cause?

Thank,

--
Phil

PGP/GPG Key: