From: Jeremy Tan [mailto:nsx@nsx.homeip.net]
Sent: domingo, 21 de julio de 2002 17:54
To: Ronald Castillo
Subject: Re: XFree 4.2 Experimental

On Sun, 21 Jul 2002 16:20:20 +0200, "Ronald Castillo"
<ronaldace@cantv.net> wrote :

> Hello..
>
> I have read about some experimental XFree 4.2 debs, and I would
> appreciate it if anyone could tell me if it works fine or if there is
> any bug bugs in it because I need to install it in order to have
> support fir my S3 Trio 64 V+ video card (vesa support under XFree  4.1
> works terribly for me).

Why not try the binaries from the XFree86 website ? They work fine on my
sid system here. Just don't remove the current XFree86 packages (to
prevent dependency problems). It will overwrite your current XFree
installation.

Heres the direct link:

ftp://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/4.2.0/binaries/Linux-ix86-glibc22/

--
Regards,

Jeremy Tan