Re: Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 released

On Fri, 2002-07-19 at 16:59, Martin Schulze wrote:
> The Debian Project                                http://www.debian.org/
> Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 released                           press@debian.org
> July 19th, 2002                 http://www.debian.org/News/2002/20020719
>
> The Debian Project is pleased to announce the release of Debian GNU/Linux
> version 3.0.  Debian GNU/Linux is a free operating system, which now
> supports a total of eleven processor architectures, includes KDE and GNOME
> desktop environments, features cryptographic software, is compatible
> with the FHS v2.2 and supports software developed for the LSB.
[snip]

Woo hoo!!!!

Now, for the really important question about sources.list...

This does not have to change, since woody is now stable:
  deb http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ woody main non-free contrib

However, what about this:
  deb http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ sid main non-free contrib

Do I change the "sid" to "testing"?  Will everything in unstable
now be moved to testing (doesn't sound correct) or will there
just not be a testing for some amount of time?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment |
|  by men of zeal, well-meaning, but without understanding."      |
|   Justice Louis Brandeis, dissenting, Olmstead v US (1928)      |