Re: Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 released

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 06:09:03PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> This does not have to change, since woody is now stable:
>   deb http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ woody main non-free contrib
>
> However, what about this:
>   deb http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ sid main non-free contrib

Current situation:

  stable   = woody
  testing  = sarge
  unstable = sid

> Do I change the "sid" to "testing"?  Will everything in unstable
> now be moved to testing (doesn't sound correct) or will there
> just not be a testing for some amount of time?

sarge (testing) is currently equal to woody (stable), but as of tomorrow
or thereabouts it'll start being gradually updated with new packages
from sid in the same way testing was updated throughout the last release
cycle.

Cheers,

--
Colin Watson (celebrating)                    [cjwatson@flatline.org.uk]