Re: DevFS question

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 04:27:48PM -0400, Robin wrote:
> hmm...
> for the main bus:
> REGISTER ^scsi/host0/bus0/target([0-9])/lun0/generic CFUNCTION GLOBAL
> symlink $devname sg\1
> and the cd burner:
> REGISTER ^scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/generic CFUNCTION GLOBAL symlink
> $devname sg0
> (this would be OK since there's no 'target0')

	I'll give this a shot...

> even without the sg* symlinks, `cdrecord dev=X0Y' would work...
> and yes, it'd be nice if more packages/programs could detect devfs :P

	Actually I tried that and no, the version of cdrecord in
Woody/testing would not see any of the drives no matter what dev= line I
gave it and -scanbus would fail everytime... Once the symlinks were
created it had no problem accepting the dev= command line or -scanbus
and see both CDROM and CD-RW...

	Jeremy