Re: DevFS question

hmm... don't think I replied to "debian-user@lists.debian.org" the first time...

anyway...
now that I think of it, I'm not 100% sure what sg* points to if the SCSI controller has more than one bus... that setup of mine assumes there's only one device per SCSI host. (USB-SCSI emulation) I can think of one other option, not use the regex pattern (manually or multiple entries) and just have:

# assuming your cdrom is the slave device on the first bus, etc
REGISTER ^scsi/host0/bus0/target1/lun0/generic CFUNCTION GLOBAL symlink $devname sg0
# second controller, IDE-SCSI emulated burner
REGISTER ^scsi/host1/bus0/target0/lun0/generic CFUNCTION GLOBAL symlink $devname sg1

UNREGISTER ^scsi/host0/bus0/target1/lun0/generic CFUNCTION GLOBAL unlink sg0 UNREGISTER ^scsi/host1/bus0/target0/lun0/generic CFUNCTION GLOBAL unlink sg1

beyond that, I can't be of much help... my other thought was to match hostX/busY/targetZ/lun0 to sgXYZ, but that wouldn't work, something about the max number of SCSI devices I'd imagine.
what other methods does devfs have for pattern matching/replacing?

- robin

Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:

Not sure if I'm following this completely... On my system I have 2 scsi
hosts... scsi0 is an actual Adaptec SCSI controller with a SCSI 4x CDROM
and 2 SCSI harddrives, scsi1 is the ide-scsi emulation host with the
CDRW... In order to use both drives I had to create 2 symlinks sg0 and
sg1... Are you saying that this could work for either? Or would I need
to create multiple entries?

	Jeremy