Re: Need Reasons for switching to Debian from Redhat

At 2002-07-18T04:24:48Z, grante@visi.com writes:

> apt-get is quite nice.  I like _running_ Debian, but it's too bad the
> initial install is such a nightmare.

Personally, I like the Debian installer.  Then again, I find the FreeBSD
installer to be the pinnacle of user-friendly, so I may be a bit unusual
that way.

Still, even if you hate the installer, look at it this way: once it's
running, you'll probably never have to mess with it again.  I've been around
Debian systems that were originally installed years ago, but have been kept
current through several releases via apt-get.  When was the last time you
saw a RedHat system that hadn't been touched in years?
--
Kirk Strauser
The Strauser Group - http://www.strausergroup.com/