Re: end off topic discussions

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 07:35:34AM +0800, Dan Jacobson wrote:
| Dear debian-users, there seems to be off topic discussions occurring
| on this list.

Yeah, that happens from time to time.

| as all this is costing me money, i.e. modem time.

Then find a way to reduce modem time, from your side.  An easy way is
to put a filter on the mail server and discard the stuff you don't
want to read.  (of course, that means reading the mailing list rather
than the news gateway)  For people who don't have the flexibility of
putting a filter on the server itself, 'popsneaker' is a useful tool
for clearing out POP mailboxes without downloading the body of the
message.  (http://www.ixtools.de/popsneaker/)

(oh, BTW, there's a fair amount of d-u mail that I file in the
bit-bucket because the subject mentions some programs I'm not
interested in.  It helps on the time expense too :-))

HTH,
-D

--
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul.
Rather be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/