ACPI

Hi list,

Id like to be able to make the machine as quiet as possible byt
turning off fans, HDs, etc... so i can go to sleep without turning it
off. It would make me avoid having to reconfigure the workspaces,
etc...

I believe it could be possible to do it with ACPI. I played a little
with it apcid and acpi kernel driver, and i find its not very
matured. I had to get the latest patch simply to get an automatic
poweroff when i 'shutdown -h now'.

I went through some docs, and it says doing a 'echo 1 >
/proc/acpi/sleep' would shutdown my machine. But when I do it, nothing
happens. Nothing more happens when i push the power button for less
than 4 secs.

Is there a solution to the problem i mentionned? Is there something im
missong about acpi? Is it that my hardware (Asus CUV4X) is not
supported?

Thanks,

Pat Mahoney, no 22