Problem with lprng Was: Re: SOLVED: unsecure connection to X - thanks

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 01:00:56PM -0600, Dave Price wrote:
> Thanks for all the suggestions ...

-------
snip
-------

> Now I just have to figure out why oracle on the solaris box cannot print
> thru lprng , even tho lpr works from bash ... (but that is another problem ...)
>
> aloha,
> dave

I had a problem getting lprng to print for me recently after setting
up a new machine and in some FM or other (can't recall which at the
moment) I found that I had to change the force_localhost option in
/etc/lprng/lpd.conf (instructions are in the file).  Tried it and it
worked for me...

HTH & HAND
--
Martin Hillyer