Re: How to install Gnome?

In muc.lists.debian.user, you wrote:

>> There are a bunch of Gnome packages intalled, but startx still
>> gives us TWM.
>
> I usually start gnome my putting the following in ~/.xinitrc:
> exec gnome-session.
>
>> What woody packages need to be installed to get a Gnome desktop
>> running?

FWIW, gnome-session is in its own separate package.  Doing
"apt-get install gnome" does really get you much of a usable
system.  Adding gnome-utils, gnome-session, gnome-applets,
gnome-terminal and a few others gets a basic system running.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  ... I don't like
                                  at               FRANK SINATRA or his