Re: ACPI

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 03:28:55PM -0400, Patrick Mahoney wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Id like to be able to make the machine as quiet as possible byt
> turning off fans, HDs, etc... so i can go to sleep without turning it
> off. It would make me avoid having to reconfigure the workspaces,
> etc...
Putting the box in the closet is not an option then?

I keep most of the 'servers' out of the bedroom now, and am seriosly
considering one of the super quiet cases (one that looks like a stereo
component?) to replace the one box that is is still in the bedroom,
limiting that to a single HDD and quietized fans.

I tried the closet, but the cables got in the way all the time - I have
also tried throwing the bedspread over the cpu (okay on a cool evening).

There was a recent thread on the linux-audio-users@music.columbia.edu on
this; you might check this thread for some good ideas about getting a
system to be really quiet; so you can't hear it in a recording.

aloha,
dave