Re: [DEB-USER] Re: At peace with Debian (was: This is the last war...)

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 12:00:25 +0200, Ivo Wever wrote:

>I don't understand: how could anyone be insulted by how you address them,
>when at first you usually have to *guess*? Or aren't you allowed to speak
>to them before you are aware of their marital status?

Because some folks just have waaay too much time on their hands.
Usually, a person will simply correct you if you use the wrong
honorific.  There are those who take offense.  They are known as jerks.
(cleaned up for family viewing)

It ain't so much what you don't know that gets you in trouble---
it's what you do know that ain't so.--unk