Re: [DEB-USER] Re: At peace with Debian (was: This is the last war...)

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 12:00:25 +0200, Ivo Wever wrote:

<snip>

>I don't understand: how could anyone be insulted by how you address them,
>when at first you usually have to *guess*? Or aren't you allowed to speak
>to them before you are aware of their marital status?

Because some folks just have waaay too much time on their hands.
Usually, a person will simply correct you if you use the wrong
honorific.  There are those who take offense.  They are known as jerks.
(cleaned up for family viewing)

--
gt
It ain't so much what you don't know that gets you in trouble---