Re: Help setting up IRC server

Ronald Castillo, 2002-Jul-16 15:12 +0200:
> Hello..
>
> I tried to set up an IRC server, but had some problems at the config step...
> I have searched in google but I didn't find any Debian-specific info, and all
> the sites refer to a "makeconfig" program that comes with IRCD that I don't
> have.
>
> I would appreciate any help you could give me on how to configure my IRC
> server.

What kind of problems are you having?  Are there specific error
messages that you can post here?  What version of Debian are you
running?

All the configuration files are located at /etc/ircd and the primary
one is /etc/ircd/ircd.conf.  Take a look at that file and make sure
the entries look right.  There are good explanations in the default
config file.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer