Re: ratio of male vs. female debian users

On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 19:46, Seneca wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 06:46:40PM -0500, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 07:23:51AM +0800, Dan Jacobson wrote:
[snip]
> female student, that is). (and just so you know, in september, when I
> apply to university, I will be applying for computer engineering)

If you specify up front that you want CS or Engineering, I won't be
surprised if they'll be fighting over you like hungry wolves, so that
they can lower their own M-F ratios.  You may even get a scholarship
(or an increased scholarship) by mentioning it...

I'll say it again: most universities **really**really**really** want
female engineering students.  (Male engineering students probably want
them, too, but that's another story...)

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment |
|  by men of zeal, well-meaning, but without understanding."      |
|   Justice Louis Brandeis, dissenting, Olmstead v US (1928)      |