Re: ALSA driver help

Reid Gilman wrote:
Ivo Wever wrote:

It gave this error message after it finished configuring my SBLIVE:
     Starting ALSA sound driver (version 0.9.0rc2): no sound cards defined
     Setting the PCM volume to 100% and the Master output volume to 50%
     amixer: Mixer attach default error: No such file or directory
Could not initialize the mixer, the card was probably not detected
Do you have the /dev/mixer# and /dev/dsp# devices? If not, you can install the ALSA source package; there is a script in there (snddevices I think) that creates the devices for you.

Other things to try are: unload all modules and then do a 'modprobe snd-emu10k1' to see what modules are loaded then

Otherwise you can always try it the hard way, by installing the driver source and compiling the driver yourself, following the outline in INSTALL. (Which reminds me: the installable package has drivers for the 2.4.16 kernel; I'm not sure they are compatible with other kernels; you should be able to find that out somewhere in the docs).

--
Ivo