Re: ALSA driver help

Reid Gilman wrote:

Does anyone have the ALSA drivers (.90) working in Woody with a Sound Blaster Live? I'm having some trouble setting them up. I install the drivers/libs/utils but when I load the drivers I don't get any sound. I looked through the HOWTOS and I've tried adjusting the mixer. I think it could have something to do with the messages I get a boot that go like this, "modprobe: snd-emu10k1: Can't locate module snd-emu10k1" it also gives "modprobe: snd-emu10k1: Can't locate module snd-card". Here is the output of lsmod:
> [snip list of loaded modules]

Did alsaconf decide to load all these modules or did you decide that?
I only have snd, snd-pcm, snd-timer, snd-ac97-codec and the appropriate cardspecific driver (snd-via8233 for me) loaded. If I load the OSS modules as well, sound doesn't work anymore. Perhaps you should try loading a lot less modules?

--
Ivo